Sunday, December 18, 2011

Comedian philosophers



Watching the politicians lie and embelish so much of the time makes me doubt every thing they say.  Lately I've been noticing that I get more truth from commedians like Jon Stewart and Bill Mahr.   How did this come be?

This also got thinking to myself, where are the philosophers? Who are todays version of Plato and Socrates? Well amigos I found a group of people who qualify and they are the comedians. If you don't believe me, check out some of things they had to say and even though some are funny, see if you don't agree with me...there is wisdom!

Robin Williams (my personal favorite)

"if women ran the world we wouldn't have wars, just really intense negotiations every 28 days"

"see the problem is God gave man a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time"

Groucho Marx

"time wounds all heels"

"I must say that I find TV very educational. The moment someone turns it on, I go read a book"

Jack Benny

"age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter"

Bob Hope

"if you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart disease"

Bill Cosby

"a word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the stupid one's that need the advice"

"every closed eye is not sleeping and every open eye is not seeing"

"sex education may be a good thing in schools. Just don't give the kids homework"

"women don't want to hear what we think. They want to hear what they think, only in a deeper voice"

Woody Allen

"it's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

Rosanne Barr

"of course men are better at reading maps. Only the mind of man could conceive of one inch equalling a hundred miles"

Erma Bombeck

"never lend your car to someone you gave birth to"

George Best

"I spent all of money on booze, fast cars and women. The rest I just wasted"

Will Rogers

"the only time people dislike gossip, is when it is about them"

No comments:

Post a Comment