Friday, November 5, 2010

The end of stupid



"two things are infinite: the universe and stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"  (Albert Einstein)

This morning I was enjoying my coffee and paper when I came across an article about, 'electric brain stimulation'.  It seems that just by giving students a very mild electric treatment, their math skills improved noticeably for up to 6 months.

"man is not born ignorant or stupid, he has to watch a hell of a lot of television to get that way"  (Guru Eduardo) 

WOW, this could be the end of stupid as we know it.   Imagine the possibilities, if we could give folks a quick zap and their brain would instantly work better?  I'd want to be the owner of a machine like that.   I could make a mega fortune with a franchise that had the rights to a machine that zapped stupid.   I think I'd call it...Stupid Be Gone.

Imagine what the world would be like if we could cure stupid?   Just off the top of my head here is what I'm thinking...

The Possibilities

*  no more reality shows

*  Paris Hilton would give up her party ways and join the Peace Corps

*  Donald Trump would give his money to the poor and get a better hairpiece

*  Politicians would serve the common good of the people they represent and not themselves.

*  Those skateboard and rap dudes, would buy pants where the crotch didn't hang down to their knees.

*  Plumbers would willingly wear crack cover ups


"When I think of all the stupid things I've done in my life, it's a wonder they still let me walk around freely on this planet.  And yet here I am, writing this article as if I had a brain." 
(Guru Eduardo)

At first I got really excited about the idea of a machine that would end stupidity.  But as I reflect on the possibilities and the consequences of the end of stupid, I thought to myself....what fun would that be?

 What would a world without stupid be like?

*  I would miss the fun of my neice telling me she was hitting the escape key on her keyboard and wondering why she was still there.

*  I don't want to live in a world without Homer Simpson

*  If it were not for stupidity, most of us wouldn't exisit.

*  I would have never seen the bumper sticker that said...."BAD COP...NO DONUT"

*  Women wouldn't ask questions like....do you want to talk about our relationship?

*  And men woudn't say stupid things like....come on girls, you don't think I'm stupid enought to make fun of my own kind do you?  


Now after reading this it occurred to me that someone might ask me a question pertaining to my theme of seducing life.   You know like....is stupidity seductive?   My answer...NO, that would be just stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment