Thursday, September 9, 2010

Anthing is possible if you can have fun doing it


Admit it, you’ve tried hard and difficult and how’s that worked for you so far? Hmmm, just as I suspected, all the old ‘nose to the grindstone’ got you was a flat face and a disappointing life. Me too, until I discovered this paradox….


“Success and happiness are inversely proportional to anything that is hard and difficult”

The really good news is: If life hasn’t worked out the way you dreamed it might, it is probably because you just aren’t having enough fun. Isn’t that beautiful? Oh, don’t worry, I can hear those brain cells rattling around in your skull, whispering to you…this guy is nuts! Well, that may be true but the paradox is not. By the time you are finished this book, I am more than confident you will be a convert to the fun easy way to abundance and happiness. So let’s begin.

“Our minds play tricks on us all of the time, so let’s give it some of it’s own medicine”

When things are going poorly, we feel overwhelmed and this is when the mind starts playing its tricks on you. It starts telling you things like; you are not smart enough or you just aren’t working hard enough. That’s stupid, because we both know you are a genius and hard work has nothing to do with success or happiness. (maybe you don’t know that yet, but stay tuned).

“Let the games begin”

One of my ‘aha moments’ came when I realized how much effort I will put into games. After a game of squash, I will come off the court drenched with sweat and on a high. I thought to myself, wow, it’s amazing how hard I will play. I get incredible fitness out of a game and I love it. Now, if you put me in an aerobics class or on a stationary bike, I doubt I could keep at it for very long. I just don’t have that kind of willpower (nor do I want to). But, make it a game and I will expend incredible effort. So being the bright and lazy guy that I am, I reasoned that if everything was a game or just plain fun, then logically anything would be possible.

“This is so profoundly simple, that it just makes me laugh”

Work is really good for those who want to make a modest living. So if that’s all you want, go to work and forget about this book. Now for those who want to do something exceptional, you need to have fun more often. Fun at work, fun at home, fun in your relationships and even fun in your spiritual life. And remember friends what the bumper sticker says…

“If work was that good for you, they wouldn’t have to pay you to do it”

Just because I say so, doesn’t mean it’s true! You’ve been habituated to the mantra… life is hard and difficult and then you die. So I expect to have a challenge proving to you that it isn’t so. But a challenge is nothing more than a game to me and I really like to play. So let the fun begin…

“Life must be lived as play” (Socrates)

I may be a nut but I’m not the only one! And it isn’t just Socrates that shares my point of view. Here’s what another great philosopher Hercalitus had to say….Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. Yeah, it’s true, those guys were around a couple of thousand years ago, but the billionaire Richard Branson says…We won’t take on any venture unless we can have fun doing it. So if it’s good enough for philosopher’s and billionaire’s, it’s good enough for me.

“You can only be profoundly absorbed in doing what you love

And that’s going to be demonstrated to you in this book. I love my philosophy on life that….life was meant to be fun, easy and abundant. So I’m going to have a blast convincing you with the kind of book you’ve never encountered before.
“You’ll never be that good at seducing life until you master the art of fun”

Fun is not a trivial matter, it is the most important thing in the universe. Later you’ll learn that energy flows to fun and fun is the path of least resistance. Once you understand the power of fun, you will realize it’s like when you were in elementary school. Only the recess goes all day long with 15 minute work breaks twice a day.

“This won’t hurt a bit”

In keeping with my philosophy that things are better if you can have fun doing it, I promise a fun read but with a HUGE return on insights. Then perhaps one day you will become a fun guru like me and together we can start a new movement and make the world a better and happier place.

1 comment:

  1. Guru...you already did! Just by being in it.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete