Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Givers takers fools and fakers
"You can always tell a true friend. When you've made a fool of yourself, she doesn't think you've done a pernament job"
If you were to ask me, what is the one principle to live by that will make your life fun, easy and abundant? I would say surround yourself with givers. Having friends who are givers is the cherry on top of life's meaning.
5 Benefits of having givers as friends (there are many more of course)
1. There is no such thing as it's my turn. No need to keep track of who did what because givers love giving.
2. Givers give off positive energy. Their positive energy lifts you up and makes you feel good about yourself.
3. Givers make you want to be a better person.
4. Givers are happy people and that happiness can be contagious.
5. Someone always has your back. Just knowing that when you stumble someone will put out a hand is very reasurring. If you are being criticised in your absence someone will defend you.
6. Having givers as friends means a life of pleasant surprises. You never know what will be given to you for no reason other than that you are loved. (OK I know that makes six but what the hey, I just felt like giving a little more)
Avoid these people like you would an unnecessary root canel. The first sign you are with a taker is that their conversation revolves around me me and me. No matter where the conversation goes they find a way to make it about themselves. They will use you and abuse you. They are self centered and immature . They believe that in order for them to succeed they need to take from others. These people are toxic to your happiness.
The fools are takers but don't know it. They may see themselves as givers but they suck the energy out of you. They may make you a supper but then they dump every morsel of their problems on your plate. These are people who as I said appear to be givers but are so negative that they are draining to be around.
The fakers are the ones that calculate that if they give they will get something back. They only give because they think it will gain them something now or down the road. They will fool you but mostly they fool themselves.
What if I haven't been a giver but I want to change?
The answer is simple...give until it feels good.
Posted by Guru Eduardo Edward Q McBeth at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment